A taste of the authentic Mexico
This tour brings you inland. We travel to Ek Balam, where you visit the most recently opened Mayan temples.
This archaeological site is much less touristy than other sites in the area, but is certainly worth a visit. This ruin has more architectural styles than any other site and has some beautiful preserved images that cannot be found anywhere else.
From there we drive to the nearby colonial town of Valladolid. We start with a visit of the local market and take a pleasant city walk. Admire the typical architecture with its colonnades and its wonderful color palette. Discover local delicacies and drinks, learn to distinguish tequila from mezcal, find out where the Belgian “chocolate” pride really comes from. As icing on the cake, enjoy a delicious lunch à la carte in one of the most prestigious restaurants in Valladolid.
Full day tour!
PRICE from Playa del carmen:
- 2 pers. 280 USD pp
- 4 pers. 175 USD pp
- 6 pers. 140 USD pp
Kids (5 till 12) 125 USD pp from 2 adults on
For who: for those who like to try local products and get to know the real Mexico
Light active day: city stroll
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Small groups (personalized service)
- Tour exclusively in English
- Transport from and to your hotel in van with AC
- Certified archeological guide in Ek Balam
- Entrance ticket to the archeological site
- Culinary tastings in different places
- City walk with a visit to the local market
- Lunch in El Mesón del Marqués (vegetarian option)
- Fresh drinks
- Reusable water bottle